Wednesday, April 30, 2014

OMB Announces Approval of DOD Counterfeit Electronics Rule

Yesterday the OMB’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) announced that it had approved DOD’s final rule amending the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to partially address the Congressional requirements (§818, PL 112-81) concerning counterfeit electronic parts. The NPRM for this rule was published last May (78 FR 28780-28785).

The announced approval was ‘consistent without change’ so it should not take long (possibly this week) for this final rule to appear in the Federal Register.


Since this is a FARS regulation and I don’t have a background in contracting matters, I doubt that I will cover this rule (I did not mention the NPRM). I mention this here, however, because DOD’s lead in handling counterfeit electronic parts may lead to similar actions in industry in general.

No comments:

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */